Thanks to the climbing shoes, rock climbing just got a whole lot easier!
Fair to say, they make the newcomers comfortable to the climbing experience. When we talk about climbing shoes designed for beginners, Evolv Royale Climbing Shoes, from the popular Evolv brand, is the one no one should ignore.
The Evolv Sports & Designs Co. is devoted to creating cutting-edge performance climbing shoes and high-traction footwear of the highest quality. Their climbing footwear is assembled in the USA, and they proudly sponsor some of the world-class athletes.
Talking about the footwear of the highest quality, the Royale falls under the same category because of its blend of great features and excellent performance.
Let’s learn more about the product in this Evolv Royale Climbing Shoes review article.
Evolv Royale Climbing Shoes- The Overview
Engineered from premium and durable leather material, this Royale climbing shoe from Evolv is an excellent option for entry-level climbers. With the leather composition, it is stretchable and can accommodate the needs of the novice climber.
With a design keeping beginners in mind, the footwear focuses mostly on comfort over performance. The asymmetrical toe box plays a handy role in the long-lasting comfort of this affordable climbing shoe. Besides, the inclusion of metal eyelets supports the lacing up technology of this Royale shoe for a snug fit.
Pros & Cons
|Durable design||Not perfect for advanced climbers|
- Designed with leather material
- Features 4.2mm TRAX® high friction rubber
- Includes medium stiffness for edging and jamming support
- Comes with a breathable mesh tongue with lace pocket and perforated upper
- Features asymmetrical toe box for long-lasting comfort
- Features lace-up closure
- Includes the Variable Thickness Rand (VTR) for increased durability
- Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Weight: NA
- Material: Leather
- Closure: Laces
- Downturn: Moderate
- Lining: Forefoot Lining
- Fit: Symmetrical
- For: Men and Women
- Designed to Serve: Beginners
Here is the Evolv Royale Men’s Climbing Shoes sizing chart:
Here are some of the key features of Evolv Royale Climbing Shoes:
The primary feature of this beginner-level climbing footwear is that it is designed with robust and extremely durable leather material. The additional leather webbing on the top ensures better air passage that allows for better air circulation. Another great advantage of leather is that it is easy to maintain and also stretches with time for better support to the novice climbers.
Double-Layered Outer Sole
The Royale features a double-layered outer sole made of sturdy material. This construction helps to support your feet for exceptional comfort as well as ensures the longevity of the product. Additionally, the rubber outer sole comes reinforced around the toes for a comfortable grip when you use the toe to hook into cracks and spaces.
To support the lacing up technology of this climbing footwear for a snug fit, the manufacturers have added additional metal eyelets that assist in pulling and controlling the laces conveniently. Besides, the lacing system comes handy for tightening or loosening the shoes if it gets too hot when climbing for a long duration.
Grip and Comfort
For a proper grip on the rocks, this shoe form Evolv features a 4.2mm TRAX® high friction rubber. Besides, the footwear has an MX-P: 2mm half-length midsole that ensures maximum comfort and stability for an all-day climb.
Great Fit and Durability
The Evolv Royale Climbing Shoes allow for a comfortable yet snug fit for those who have larger feet because of the symmetrical toe box. Moreover, the full-length lacing system also helps with a lot of adjustment for the perfect fit.
In terms of durability, leather material plays an important part. Besides, the Variable Thickness Rand (VTR) helps to excel in the durability of the product.
Amazon Link: Click Here
For further information, catch the video review here:
Other Options Worth Exploring
Evolv Defy Climbing Shoes
- Designed with synthetic material
- Features Teardrop MX-P 1mm half-length midsoles that add edging power without sacrificing flexibility and sensitivity
- Includes high-performance 4.2mm TRAX high-friction rubber soles
- Comes with hook-and-loop straps for easy on and off
- Includes new antimicrobial mesh to eliminate odor
- Features flexible and durable synthetic suede uppers to resist stretching
- Features an asymmetrical toe profile for comfort and sensitivity
- Comes with a slip-lasted design
- Includes dual heel loops to ease entry
La Sportiva Boulder X
- Designed with synthetic material
- Features Vibram IdroGrip rubber for excellent performance
- Features leather uppers combined with beefy rubber rands for comfort
- Includes mythos lacing system for a highly adaptable and custom fit
- Features high-cushion EVA layers placed on top of the 2mm polypropylene insoles to cushion your feet on long approaches
La Sportiva Finale Climbing Shoes
- Features leather upper for a soft and comfortable fit
- Includes tensioned heel rand for high-end performance
- Includes 5mm XS Edge Rubber outsole offering a solid grip
- Comes with the Powerhinge to support the underfoot
- Features a slip-lasted design
- Features moderately downturned toe
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Very much, in fact! The high-friction 4.2mm TRAX® rubber offers a firm grip on the difficult climbing surface. Hands down, the TRAX® high friction rubber sole is one of the best in this category.
Only the forefoot of this Evolv Royale Climbing Shoes is lined. The upper of the shoe, with unlined leather, stretches over time and molds to the shape of your feet. With that, it helps to eliminate the hot spots.
In general, the Evolv Royale Climbing Shoe is a popular entry-level leather shoe that is comfortable, stiff, and durable. The durable leather upper of this shoe comes with a built-in webbing, and the symmetrical toe box offers long-lasting comfort for your all-day climb.
However, this footwear doesn’t include all the features that are required by the advanced climbers. So if you have leveled up your climbing skills, you need to look for other products on the market.