SCARPA Origin Climbing Shoes Review
Are you new to climbing? Perhaps you’re looking for footwear that assists you both in climbing as well as in the gym.
Well, stop right here! We have come up with the climbing shoe that serves the needs of beginners and intermediate climbers. And the product we are going to talk about is SCARPA Origin Climbing Shoes.
Designed by the Italian manufacturing company, SCARPA, this affordable and handy climbing footwear is a perfect option for your all-day climbing experience. It is versatile, durable, sensitive, and offers excellent grip to make sure you stay away from unfortunate accidents while opting for easy-to-hard climbs.
As you follow this review, you will get to know about the specifications, a detailed feature breakdown, and some of the pros and cons of this SCARPA Origin Climbing Shoe. Go through the details carefully before you decide to spend your budget on this value-for-money product.
SCARPA Origin Climbing Shoes- The Overview
The Scarpa Origin Climbing Shoes are all-round climbing shoes designed for beginners to intermediate rock climbers. The flexible, flat-lasted design of this footwear makes it great for both indoor and outdoor climbing.
Likewise, a hook-and-loop closure makes it easy to dial in a precise fit, whereas the padded tongue and suede leather upper offer all-day comfort.
Besides, the sticky and durable Vision rubber lets you have your hooves gripping walls like the pros in no time. And above that, this quality pair of climbing shoes come at a reasonable price tag.
Pros & Cons
|Long-lasting and durable||Not suitable for advanced climbers|
|Versatile||Can be slippery|
- Engineered with leather material
- Includes passive randing for classic performance
- Features Scarpa’s proprietary vision rubber
- Comes with flat lasted construction for all-day comfort and performance
- Includes dual power strap closure for maximum adjustability
- Features hook-and-loop closures for keeping your feet snug and well-positioned during use
- Dimensions: 13 x 7 x 5 inches
- Weight: 0.98 pounds
- Material: Leather
- Closure: Velcro Strap
- Downturn: Neutral
- Lining: Unlined
- Fit: Medium
- For: Men and Women
- Designed to Serve: Beginners to Intermediates
- Sizes: 44 options
- Colors: Iron/Gray, Covey/Black
Here is the basic sizing chart of SCARPA Men’s Origin Climbing Shoes:
|Manufacturer Size||US||UK||Europe||Heel to Toe (in inches)||Heel to Toe (in centimeters)|
Here are some of the primary features of the SCARPA Origin Climbing Shoes:
As this climbing footwear features a flat profile, it offers day-long comfort and relaxes your feet as you carry out the climbing venture. Besides, the relaxed randing of the shoe ensures the comfort required to learn how to step correctly on small footholds, especially for the novice climbers.
The flat profile of the shoe aids in its versatility, making it suitable for everyday use as well as for hiking purposes as well. The roomy upper suede leather of this footwear offers long-term comfort to the wearers.
This feature of the SCARPA Origin Climbing Shoes is very handy while climbing. The hook-and-loop straps offer security and comfort every time you take your step in the rough climbing route. This feature helps to keep your feet steady and well-positioned for a risk-free climb. If you are a beginner, this feature ensures extra protection while climbing.
Engineered keeping beginners and intermediate climbers in mind, the SCARPA Origin Climbing Shoes delivers excellent performance while edging because of the super supportive Flexan midsole it comes with. This midsole helps to keep a proper balance between the edge and friction while you hone your strength and techniques.
Scarpa Vision Rubber Sole
The inclusion of Scarpa Vision rubber helps with the durability of this climbing footwear. This handy feature makes the shoe sticky, thus giving confidence to the climbers. Besides, this rubber is resistant to all the conditions that you will experience as a beginner.
Grip and Adjustability
SCARPA Origin Climbing Shoes include a flat sole with unlined suede leather that provides excellent grip and flexibility in all climbing terrains. Likewise, the hook-and-loop dual closure is relatively easy to use and ensures maximum adjustability.
Amazon Link: Click Here
For further information, catch the video review here:
Other Options Worth Exploring
Mad Rock Men’s Drifter Climbing Shoe
- Designed with 100% leather material
- Features slightly asymmetrical last and flat profile for comfort
- Comes with a split neoprene tongue for easy on/off
- Features 3D molded heel for a precise fit
- Includes Science Friction 3.0 rubber sole for excellent friction
- Features moderate asymmetrical curvature
- Comes with padded piping for a stylish look
Five Ten Hiangle Climbing Shoe
- Designed with 100% split grain leather
- Includes single-strand velcro closure system
- Comes with Stealth C4 4.2 mm rubber outsole
- Features stiff thermoplastic midsole
- Features unlined leather upper with half size-stretch
- Features aggressive downturned toe
La Sportiva Finale Climbing Shoes
- Features leather upper for a soft and comfortable fit
- Includes tensioned heel rand for high-end performance
- Includes 5mm XS Edge Rubber outsole offering a solid grip
- Comes with the Powerhinge to support the underfoot
- Features a slip-lasted design
- Features moderately downturned toe
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This climbing shoe doesn’t stretch well unless you wear it in the shower for stretching. To follow the process properly, put on these SCARPA Origin shoes and walk into a hot shower. Once the shoes get soaked, get out of the shower and walk around a bit. After a while, take them off and stuff them with some newspaper and leave them to dry.
However, while doing so, you may risk busting the stitching.
The Origin Climbing shoe offers reliable support and comfort that comes straight from its exterior and interior. Besides, the relaxed arch helps with the convenience for the entry-level users. You can wear this footwear all day without having your arches scream with pain at you.
Overall, Scarpa Origin integrates some of the best features for beginner-to-intermediate level climbing shoes. Not only has this model focused on foot comfort, but it has also been designed to deliver top performance. The 5mm Scarpa Vision rubber sole provides a superb grip to ensure a convenient experience for those starting out in climbing.
Depending on how often you climb, these shoes could last you years as well, preventing you from needing to keep investing more money on climbing shoes.